Thank you for choosing Albany State University as your institution to pursue your educational goals. Your application for admission to ASU is the first step in this exciting new phase in your preparation for life. The Office of Admissions is here to help you in this process. Please let us know how we can be assistance! See our contact information to the right.
The Office of Admissions
Last updated: 2/18/2014 12:02PM PST
Applications and all required supporting credentials must be received by the Office of Recruitment and Admissions prior to the deadline date:
- Fall semester deadline — June 1
- Spring semester — November 1
- Summer semester — April 1
- Fall semester deadline — May 1
- Spring semester — October 1
- Summer semester — March 1
Information and Instructions
- Follow the instructions given below carefully in order to expedite the processing of your application. If you need help, ask your high school counselor or contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions at the address or telephone number to the right.
- Fill out this online application. Print out the application agreement statement when finished.
- There is an application fee of $25.
Additional Application Requirements
For Beginning Freshmen
For Transfer Students and Students Seeking a Second Degree
- Transcripts: Request your counselor or principal to send an official transcript through GAcollege411 to the Office of Admissions.
This should be done before the completion of senior year in high school.
Upon graduation, your counselor should submit your final high school transcript, with the date of graduation, through GAcollege411.
- Admission exam: If you have not done so previously, we suggest that you take the SAT Reasoning Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) on the next scheduled date.
Be sure that you request a copy of your scores be sent to Albany State University and remember to register for the test well in advance of the testing date.
Your high school counselor or principal should have the necessary application forms.
For Transient Students
- Transcripts: Request the registrar(s) of the college(s) you have attended to send an official copy of your transcript(s) to the Office of Admissions.
- We must receive a transcript from each institution you have attended. If you are currently enrolled, submit a transcript of your last quarter/semester's work immediately upon completion of the quarter/semester.
- Permission to take courses: Submit a letter of approval from the dean or registrar of the institution where you are a resident listing the courses you should take while enrolled at Albany State University.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Before beginning your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), register for your PIN and your parent's PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN will be e-mailed to you within 1 to 5 days if you provide a valid e-mail address.
- Fill out and submit the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after January 1. Once you've completed your application, review your answers carefully and use your PIN to sign electronically (our school code is 001544).
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) Information Acknowledgement about 2 weeks after submitting your online FAFSA.
- For financial aid information contact the Financial Aid Office at (229) 430-4650, e-mail email@example.com, or visit our website at www.asurams.edu.
Pre-entrance Medical Examination
- To qualify as a legal resident of Georgia, the applicant, if over 18 years of age, must have lived in Georgia for at least one year prior to the registration date.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, his/her parents or legal guardian must have physically resided in Georgia for at least one year (12 months) preceding the registration date.
- Please note that this brief explanation of the residency regulation does not encompass all the rules on residency. If the applicant is in doubt about his/her legal residence status, he/she should consult the general catalog for the "legal resident" rules and regulations of the Board of Regents for the University System of Georgia, or contact the ASU Registrar's Office at (229) 430-4638.
A certification of immunization and pre-entrance medical examination report must be completed for all students prior to enrollment at ASU. A signature of a health official and/or physician is required on these forms. Questions regarding either of these forms should be directed to Health Services, Albany State University, 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705 or call (229) 430-4766.
Students desiring on-campus housing should complete a housing application.
On-campus housing is in high demand at ASU.
Applications will only be processed when the application and security deposit have been received.
Questions regarding on-campus housing should be directed to the Department of Housing and Residence Life, Albany State University, 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705, or call (229) 430-4741 or visit www.asurams.edu/web/students-housing/.
Checklist for Applying for Admission to Albany State University
- Complete this online application.
- You must have a Social Security number to apply for admission. Social Security numbers are used within the university only and are not given to third parties without consent.
- Return the application agreement statement to the address to the right.
- Follow the application deadlines on this form to allow you the greatest chance for financial aid. You must be accepted for admission before you can be awarded financial aid.
- Have your counselor send an official copy of your high school transcript to the address to the right. If you are a transfer student, have official transcripts sent from all other colleges you have attended.
- If your SAT and ACT scores are not on your transcript, have the scores sent to Albany State University from Educational Testing Services, PO Box 6200 Princeton, NJ 08540; SAT: ASU code is 5004. American College Testing Program, PO Box 168 Iowa City, IA, 52243; ACT: ASU code is 0782.
- Be sure you have filled in all blanks that apply — including any duplicate information that is requested.
- If you have questions about any part of your application contact the Office of Admissions: (229) 430-4646 or 866-579-3498 or www.asurams.edu.