This application consists of one or more additional forms available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
To view and/or print these documents (indicated by the
symbol) you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you have problems with Acrobat Reader, click here
for Acrobat Reader customer support.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is now accepting on-line applications for
Fall 2015 semester
(Priority date July 15, 2015)
Apply on-line now
To apply for Summer 2015 you must have a complete admissions packet and you can apply in person or through U.S. mail
You can also apply in person or through U.S. Mail for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016. Please print the application from the AMSC website, www.atlm.edu. (click on the Admissions link), send it with all required documents (application, $20 application fee, all official high school/college transcript(s), and immunization records) together in a complete packet to the Office of Admissions.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College offers classes during the morning, day, and evening hours and on the weekends.
Thank you for your interest in attending Atlanta Metropolitan State College.
Last updated: 5/4/2015 7:17AM PST
- Please create your own GA College 411 account (user name and password).
If you do not create your own account, we will not receive your application.
- Complete the online application. When you are finished, click 'SUBMIT' button located to the far left of any application screen.
Applicants MUST pay a nonrefundable $20 online application fee (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
An application and fee payment are valid for three consecutive semesters including the semester of application.
- Due dates for applications for each term are as follows:
Fall semester - July 15
Spring semester - November 15
Summer session - May 1
- Request that all official documents (high school and/or college transcripts, GED scores, certificate of immunization) be sent directly to:
Atlanta Metropolitan State College
Office of Admissions
1630 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta, GA 30310-4498
- Applicants on immigrant or nonimmigrant visas, refugees, asylees, and permanent resident aliens will have additional requirements for admission.
Click the following link www.atlm.edu/admissions/index.html for additional documentation.
- ALL students MUST submit the required immunization in order to complete the admissions process.
Click following link for Certificate of Immunization www.atlm.edu/pdf/admissions/certimmunization.pdf.
- Freshman: Applicants who graduated within the last five years prior to the term of admissions submit official high school transcript with graduation date and/or GED scores, if applicable.
An applicant with a GED must be at least 18 years of age, or the applicant's class must have graduated.
- Transfer: Submit official transcript(s) of ALL colleges, university, technical and trade schools previously attended.
If you have less than 30 "transferable" semester hours of college credit you will need to provide an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Transient: Submit an official copy of the transient permission letter from the college or university you are currently attending.
- Readmit: Previously attended AMSC click following link for readmit application www.atlm.edu/registrar/index.html.
- Nontraditional: Applicants who graduated from high school five years prior to the term of admissions submit official high school transcript with a graduation date or GED scores, if applicable, and college transcripts.
- Post-Baccalaureate: Submit official college transcript with conferred degree.
- International: Admissions requirements for applicants other than U.S. citizens and/or applicants educated outside the U.S. may be found at the following link http://www.atlm.edu/admissions/index.html:
- International: Admissions requirements for applicants other than U.S. citizens and/or applicants educated outside the U.S. may be found at the following link www.atlm.edu/admissions/index.html:
If your first language is not English or your primary language of instruction was not English, submit an official copy of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or satisfactory SAT/ACT scores.
Financial Aid Process
- Applicants seeking financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing Atlanta Metropolitan State College on the application (federal school code = 012165) by the financial aid deadline for the anticipated term of enrollment.
Students who are applying for HOPE must click here http://www.atlm.edu/financial_aid/index.html.
Students wishing to receive federal financial aid must have submitted all documents for registration and be in a degree seeking admission category.
- Prior to registration for classes, applicants will need to submit all final transcripts and immunization records, and program specific documents.
Verification of Lawful Presence
- The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia now requires all applicants to USG institutions to provide proof of Lawful Presence in the United States in order to be classified as In-State for tuition purposes.
This change is effective immediately for all applicants for Fall Semester 2011, and subsequent semesters.
See policy below.*
You MUST prove lawful presence in the United States in ONE of the following ways before you can be admitted as an In-State student:
|Lawful Presense List|
|Your completed FAFSA for the current financial aid year. Lawful presence can be determined through this process.|
|The FAFSA school code for Atlanta Metropolitan State College is 012165.|
|Your certified U.S. Birth Certificate documenting birth in the U.S. or U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable unless the original has been reviewed by staff.|
|Your U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).|
|Your U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).|
|Your U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).|
|Your current U.S. Passport.|
|Your current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.|
|Your current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.|
|Your current military ID (service member only, not dependent).|
|Your current, valid permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551).|
- You can submit the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov or submit any one of the other documents listed above to a campus Enrollment and Registration Services office.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL DELAY YOUR ADMISSION TO THE COLLEGE AND REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES!
*BOR Policy 4.3.4: Each University System institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status (in-state tuition), as defined in Section 7.3 of this Policy Manual, and of every person admitted to an institution referenced in Section 4.1.6 of this Policy Manual.