NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
New undergraduate applicants, please scroll to the bottom to apply to SPSU.
This application is for undergraduate students only
IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION TO SPSU WITHIN THE LAST YEAR AND DID NOT ENROLL, YOU MAY NOT NEED TO APPLY AGAIN. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO UPDATE YOUR EXISTING APPLICATION. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL IF YOU NEED TO COMPLETE A NEW APPLICATION.
Last updated: 2/7/2013 8:30AM PST
Freshmen (Never previously enrolled in a college or university)
- Request high school to forward official transcript directly to the Admissions Office. If acceptance pending high school graduation is granted, you will need to request an official transcript verifying graduation.
- Submit official test scores from either the College Board SAT Reasoning Test (SAT) or the American College Testing Program (ACT). Copies from students can not be used. CEEB code: 005626; ACT code: 0865.
Joint Enrollment (A joint program with participating high schools in which academically talented high school students may enroll at Southern Polytechnic after their sophomore year.
The high school retains complete authority over student's participation.)
- Request high school to forward official transcript directly to the Admissions Office.
- Submit official test scores from either the College Board SAT Reasoning Test (SAT) or the American College Testing Program (ACT). Copies from students can not be used.
- Submit a letter of permission from parents or guardian.
Transfer Students (Previously attended accredited college)
- Request that the registrar of EACH college you have attended (regardless of length of attendance or credits earned) send an official transcript directly to the Admissions Office. Official updated transcripts are required, as soon as they are available, for any work completed after making application.
- If you have completed less than 30 semester hours of academic college-level transferable coursework at an accredited college, you must submit credentials listed in the "freshmen" section.
- You must request official transcripts from all institutions attended and they must be mailed directly to the SPSU Office of Admissions.
Any student who does not list every previous institution attended will be subject to dismissal without refund.
Transient Students (Currently enrolled in another college but want to take courses at Southern Polytechnic State University and transfer back to home institution)
- Request a letter from the registrar at your home institution giving you permission to register for classes at Southern Polytechnic State University. The transient letter must indicate that you are eligible and in good standing to return to the home institution. Transient letters are good for one term only.
Audit Students (Applicants who are interested in enrolling in courses but do not wish to receive college grades or credit)
- Request official high school transcript or an official college transcript be sent; if not a high school graduate, request an official copy of GED scores. (Students applying under this status need to consult the college catalog concerning auditing restrictions.)
Nontraditional/Adult Degree-Seeking Students (A special category for adults who have never taken the SAT or the ACT or whose scores might disqualify them for admission.)
Qualifications to be considered for admission under this category are:
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or hold a GED.
- The applicant must have been out of high school at least five years and whose high school class graduated at least five years ago and have earned fewer than 30 transferable semester credit hours.
- The applicant must take the COMPASS exam and make an appropriate score on each section.
- Request high school and any colleges attended to send official transcripts directly to the Admissions Office.
- If the GED has been earned, official scores must be submitted as well as your official high school transcript.
*Note: The COMPASS exam is given on the campus of SPSU. If it is determined that the applicant will need this exam to be considered for admission, the applicant will be notified of the times and date of the exam.
- F-1 applicants must submit financial statements.
- Present the original true copies of all international high school and college transcripts, translated into English by a certified translator.
- Submit official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores and official SAT or ACT scores, if applicable.
- The Admissions Office may require applicants to send their international educational credentials to an approved SPSU professional evaluation service before being considered for admission.
*Note: The COMPASS exam is given on the campus of SPSU. If it is determined that the applicant will need this exam to be considered for admission, the applicant will be notified of the times and dates of the exam.
Postbaccalaureate/Nondegree Students (A special category for students who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college but who are not seeking a degree.)
- Request official transcript from bachelor degree earned institution.
- Individuals enrolled as postbaccalaureate students are eligible to take undergraduate-level courses only. Students who are admitted under this category and later decide to pursue a degree must furnish official transcripts from all colleges attended and meet transfer admission requirements.
- This student type is not eligible for financial aid.
Download the Immunization Form.